ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
archdukeguacamole
Regular MemberPosts: 173
Like?
It's no fun: GH1 movies & photofunstudio
Apr 30, 2010

I've a new GH1.

I found it very difficult to get movies to download and play. They hide the movie files in a private folder on the card. I usually use Windows Media Player to watch my home videos. If I shoot in AVCHD and try to play the file I get a warning about the file extension .m2ts not being recognised by WMP. It does play the clip but the sound dies out after 30 seconds.I can play the file with sound in VLC player-but I am not too happy about the resultant quality.
If I record in Motion JPEG WMP simply won't play it; once again VLC player will.

I installed the software on the disc that came with the camera, the so-called photofunstudio. When I filmed videos in AVCHD format the wretched software gave me the following message as I tried to download (I have Windows Vista) via their "acquire" function: "Do not change the names of the imported AVCHD movie files or folders. Movie operations may not work if the names are changed." Well sod off Panasonic...don't change the names of my own files!

Can anyone offer advise about the optimum solution for downloading, saving, playing and editing.
--
archduke

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow