Started Apr 30, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
vincentgtracey
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Fuji HS10-very dissapointed-cannot recommend
Apr 30, 2010

I recently purchased a Fuji HS10 from Jessops, I had it for four hours and thoroughly tested and appraised.

1). Construction was flimsy and poorly designed. Battery compartment door was held in by what looked like a paper clip.

2). Image quality was very poor and not suitable for large, high quality prints.

3). Compared with the Fuji S7000 I previously owned, the HS10 is a toy and certainly not as robust.

4). Both my Panasonic FZ50 and Sony R1 are far superior in every respect.

I have tested several slrs against the FZ50 and R1 and so far not found anything as good for my requirements. I print A3 on my Epson R2400 and the results from both cameras are superb. I have no dust problems, lighter equipment to carry and both cameras do not attract as much attention as an slr with a large lens attached.

I only wish that someone would manufacture a camera similar to the R1 with a larger zoom preferably made by Carl Zeiss (the best lens makers in the world).

In a recent club competition, I won three of the four top print trophies with competition against very expensive slrs with my ebay proconsumer cameras!

The Fuji HS10 would probably be ok as a family point and shoot camera instead of an slr, but not for a serious amateur

-- hide signature --

I am very interested in anything photographic, film or digital

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow