To wait for a semi-pro full-frame camera or to jump ship ?

Started Apr 21, 2010 | Discussions thread
KSV
KSV
Senior MemberPosts: 2,811Gear list
Like?
May be
In reply to Voff, Apr 29, 2010

Voff wrote:

You camera is definitely faulty....

But I do not think so - believe me, I been battle this issue for long enough. I can make it working reasonably OK by using lens adjustment "feature". Problem with this "feature" that it is global and not per lens. Even worse than that - it is greatly sensitive to light source - under fluorescent, incandescent and under sun different correction required for the same lens. I have a table of correction values for all my lenses. Now considering that I am prime fan, one can imagine how "convenient" it is. I hear your "solution" - get K7 and have 20 of lenses. But who will convince me that they will work with the same correction under different light? And reportedly AF in K7 not really streets ahead comparing to K10D, but just "improved". No wonder - same SAFOX VIII, but with "plus", just to make K7 owners feel superior. If you believe that Pentax can AF, I suggest trying D700 - yes, it far "inferior" to K7 because has "only" 12 lens database. But funny thing is correction not required at all - among half a dozen lenses from Nikon and third party all (and I mean all ) working devastatingly accurate and lighting fast comparing to Pentax. I do not need correction per 20, 30 or 100 lenses, I rather need proper AF. And frankly I do believe that if Pentax/Hoya cannot provide reliable AF they must provide new firmware that allow customer of older bodies per-lens adjustment instead of pushing them to buy new bodies in endless quest when Pentax finally discover what AF means. And BTW in my old *istDS AF was much better then in K10D (both my FA50/1.4 still where problem though), but nothing close to D700 even from far distance. And frankly in my MZ5n AF is spot-on.
YMMV
Cheers

KSV's gear list:KSV's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon D700 Nikon Df Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
EasyNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow