Started Apr 28, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
davestravelgear
Contributing MemberPosts: 506Gear list
Like?
First proper day out with the HS10
Apr 28, 2010

At last I managed a day off work and took my new HS10 out for a spin, the same morning that Fuji made available the new firmware update, which I duly downloaded and headed to Rainham Marshes, a nature reserve on the east side of London, just inside the M25.

It was a very bright and sunny lunch time when I arrived, so wasn't expecting to see that much, how wrong was I?

My camera was set up as per Lloydy (thanks Dave), all hand held or braced on a fence post if available, used a Polarising filter for some shots, and even the Zoom bracketing mode to get a little closer to the action (not quite sure which ones, as the exif data doesn't tell me!)

Would love to stay here and chat about your thoughts on them, but just had a very long day, and probably won't be back till tomorrow evening, so please forgive me for any delay in answering any questions!

Nothing spectacular, but I'm more than happy with the results, much better than my last visit with my old Minolta A200, and friends Canon SX1, enjoy!

Dabchick/Little Grebe with 2 tiny chicks on it's back.

Reed Bunting

Sedge Warbler

Super Macro spider

davestravelgear's gear list:davestravelgear's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix HS10 Fujifilm FinePix F550 EXR Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow