olympus? panasonic? should I wait for sony?

Started Apr 28, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
callecal
New MemberPosts: 19
Like?
olympus? panasonic? should I wait for sony?
Apr 28, 2010

Hi, I am deciding between olympus pl1 or the panasonic. I have been reading this very nice forum and have some questions I could not find, They are mainly directed to owners of either camera.

I love the image stabilisator with olympus and the good high iso quality plus flash, but hate the plastic cheap body (just my personal oppinion, no discussion needed )

I would however buy the lumix 20 mm f: 1.7 lens which get pretty expensive in the end.

But I do not wish all my photos to have the shallow depth of field, so I would use the 14-43 mm lens as well... Or would I? How are the images of the "pankake lens" if you take photos of people say 10m away for you, does the backgound get blurry?

Also, how is this lens compared to the olympus pankake lens with f 2.8? F:2.8 is way higher than 1.7 obviously, does it really show (as you notice I am wanting lots of depth of field (is tha shallow?))

also with the 14-43 mm, if you zoom in and take a portrait photo, does it result in similar depth of field? if so maybe the pankake lens is not neccasarry?

So in the end, I want the olympus pl1 in a metal body...and it doesnt exist, Which brings me to sony. It looks like it has no flash from "rumor pictures", if so I am prioritizing flash over metal body and would still go for the olympus...should I wait and see? are there other things the sony might boast with?

Generally I dont want to buy the first generation of new technology...but its hard to wait

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WaitNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow