Started Apr 28, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Guy Scharf
Contributing MemberPosts: 892
Like?
U2711 calibration - Optix XR on Windows 7
Apr 28, 2010

I've just installed a U2711, my first LCD display, connected via DisplayPort to a Radeon 5750. I have a DTP94 colorimeter and Optix XR software. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate, 32-bit.

I was able to install the DTP94 driver successfully by installing Toolcrib as described on the xrite site. I installed Optix XR 2.0.3 (latest version as far as I can tell).

When I start MonacoOPTIX 2.0, I get the usual Welcome screen. When I press Next, the usual full-screen window appears with a dialog window to set workflow and hardware configuration (LCD or CRT) etc. However, the application is unresponsive at this point. I cannot select the radio buttons on the dialog, change CRT to LCD, etc. The only thing I can do is to right click on the icon on the task bar and close the program. I've tried setting compatibility to run as administrator and to run Win XP SP2 compatible, but that has not helped.

The Event Log had a WER (ID 1001) entry for one of my attempts to run MOnacoOptix, but I do not get this event entry every time:

Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: PCA2
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

If anyone has successfully gotten Optix XR 2.0.3 to run on Windows 7 32-bit, I'd appreciate any clues about how to do that!

I have been able to run a trial version of ColorEyes Display Pro successfully with the DTP94. I'd just rather not buy a $$$ new product if I can make the one I already have work!

Thanks!

Guy
--
My photos: http://photos.moxis.com

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow