ZS3/TZ7 third party batteries working fine!

Started Apr 27, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mid-Life Krysis
Junior MemberPosts: 39
Like?
ZS3/TZ7 third party batteries working fine!
Apr 27, 2010

I keep reading a lot of frustrated posts about panasonic's ill move to block third party aftermarket batteries.

As despicable as that decision is, it's not the end of the world. Seems to me that a lot of people are underestimating the entrepreneurial spirit of china.

I ordered a TZ7 battery on ebay from Hong Kong. It cost 5 euros including shipping to the EU (!!). It claimed to be chipped and compatible with the latest firmware. Quite frankly I didn't believe it but hell it's only 5 euros so i took the risk.

Well guess what - the battery came in, works fine on my month-old TZ7 with the latest 1.2 firmware, and it even lasts longer than my original panny battery. what i can't judge yet is the overall life span, but hell, it was 5 euros.

I dont want to get banned for advertising but if you want the ebay link let me know. In fact I was quite thrilled with the seller, as the package got lost in the mail, and after i informed them of it they sent another one which came within 10 days. but i suppose any hong kong battery that claims to be 1.2FW compatible can probably be trusted. just watch the seller's rating.

Anyway the point is - up yours panasonic! i'm probably buying another one.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow