Ludvig
Senior MemberPosts: 1,240Gear list
Like?
Re: Recommended Geotrackers?
In reply to samWebster123, Apr 27, 2010

samWebster123 wrote:

Ludvig wrote:

My vote goes to the QStarz GPS logger:

It connects a lot quicker than the "Wintec WBT-201" (yes, I have tried it) and is more stable.

Never had that issue with my wbt-201!

Track file downloads immediately to Houdahgeo (mac) everytime and I've been using it for over 2 years.

Seems like there's quite a few hoops to jump through to get the Qstar to download tracks via bluetooth judging by the manual.

The WBT-201 worked fine for downloading, but I used it with a Canon WFT via Bluetooth, and the camera lost the connection too easy. This is where the Qstarz is better.

On both the WBT-201 and the Qstarz I download the logfile to the computer via USB, so that's no problem. Didn't even know it was possible to download the logfile via Bluetooth!

So I use the Qstarz connected to the camera via Bluetooth if I use the WFT, or put it on logging to be able to download the file and geotag later if I want to go lighter (and if I want to log the position of course!).

Ludvig

Ludvig's gear list:Ludvig's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS M Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AMODNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow