Started Apr 26, 2010 | Discussions thread
gnohz
Regular MemberPosts: 307Gear list
Like?
Re: Some final D40 photos
In reply to ianbramham, Apr 27, 2010

Hi Ian,

Thanks so much for answering my question and showing me more wonderful images

Your success and images inspire me. The fact that magazines are keeping a lookout for your work reflect your photographic skills and popularity! I hope I will have a chance to get one published too! Not for at least another 10 years before anyone will take notice

ianbramham wrote:

gnohz wrote:

Great work Ian Very inspirational work. I like your landscapes in the sense that they have a lot of depth in them. Perhaps it's the way you include foreground elements.

You seem to be on a roll! How did you get the magazines to publish your work? Did you win competitions in them as well?

I will be looking forward to more landscapes!

Thanks very much!

In answer to your question, it's usually the magazines who've emailed me via the contact form on my website to say they want to use one of my photos (paid).

The photo below is the only other one I've had published in a photography mag but I've had quite a few others published under license in commercial mags or other publications......usually to illustrate text in the magazine.

Ian
http://ianbramham.com/
http://ianbramham.aminus3.com/ (Photoblog)

....and here's some that have been used in other publications:

this one was used in an official UK document about climate change:

this other one of Perch Rock Lighhouse was used on a classical music CD cover by Chandos Records:

....this next one was part of a commissioned photoshoot for Wildcat Marine and is used on the companies website. It was also printed at a size of 3 foot by 2 foot for a trade show stand and has since been used under license by another Government department in a publication promoting offshore windfarms

....this one was published by a large circulation daily newspaper in Liverpool after it won a prize in local competition:

....a couple of others that were published (the top one of Southport pier was my first one to get published I think):

gnohz's gear list:gnohz's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D300S Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow