Thinking about dumping my D700, and keeping my GF-1...Am I crazy?

Started Apr 26, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Brad Herman
Regular MemberPosts: 195
Like?
Thinking about dumping my D700, and keeping my GF-1...Am I crazy?
Apr 26, 2010

I currently own a complete Nikon D700 kit, 24-70 AF-S f/2.8 Nikkor, 70-300 AF-S, 105mm F/2.8G, SB900 etc. Great pro gear.

The issue that I'm having is that I barely use it! Whenever I go somewhere, I hate carting all of that stuff around with me. It's bad enouth that I need to schlep my 17" HP laptop and accessories, books etc. through airports for work. The last thing that I want to do is take a ton of DSRL gear with me. It sort of takes the 'fun' out of photography, (at least for me anyway).

Don't get me wrong, I love the D700 quality, and I know that it's better than the GF-1, but the GF-1 DOES do a great job! I just tend to grab the GF-1 and the 20mm Panny F/1.7 with me, and I get great results in RAW. I've been thinking about getting either the Panny-Leica 14-150 lens or something similar. Sometimes, I just grab my Rolleiflex or Zeiss 2-1/4x2-1/4 MF film camera. I shot with Rolleis or Hassy's for years when I shot professionally, and carted everything, (including a portable studio) with me.

Is this something that I'll come to regret or is this a mid-life thing?

Brad

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow