Canon 7D 720p 50fps to Premiere Pro on a Macbook Pro?

Started Apr 26, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Misha023
Junior MemberPosts: 49
Like?
Canon 7D 720p 50fps to Premiere Pro on a Macbook Pro?
Apr 26, 2010

Perhaps not THE best place to ask, but I'm going to give it a try...

Normally I film with a Canon XL H1A, but I'm currently on a vacation and not at the office, but I wanted to make a very short film here so I borrowed the Canon 7D from my friend.

I set it up at 720p and 50fps, so I can have a nice slow motion. I wanted to edit it on my MacBook Pro i've brought along for the ride, and here is where it goes wrong.

Normally I edit my video on my MacPro with Premiere Pro (a lot of 'pro's' in this topic!) and have no problems with the footage from my Canon XL H1A. I even tried it several times on my MacBook Pro and it worked okay. But with the footage from the 7D, it goes horribly wrong during the playback. The footage is stuttering like it has parkinson. The slowmotion becomes veeeery slow, and I can see it frame by frame, which is not really the idea. When I export it and play it in QuickTime, it runs normal, but not INSIDE Premiere Pro. What am I doing wrong? Do you need to load the footage from a 7D in a different way? I load it in via HDV -> 720p, 25fps, and let the program interpret it as 25fps in stead of 50fps, so it will have the slow motion. Is this the wrong way?

Further information: I'm using the latest generation of Macbook Pro's, 13", 4gb of Ram and a 256mb videocard.

Anyone has an idea?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow