Started Apr 25, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
desertshots
Forum MemberPosts: 90
Like?
But the flaw of mirrorless cameras is that they are ... mirroless
Apr 25, 2010

As somebody who is new to digital photography and bought into M4/3 on a whim but now knows a little bit more a few months on ...

... the flaw of M4/3 is precisely because they are mirrorless so I now wish my E-P1 did have a viewfinder ...

So whilst I could upgrade to E-P2 and buy the VF-2 it's still an accessory, it still takes up the hot shoe so I can't use a flash and a viewfinder. Yes I could use an E-PL1 but the flash is fixed and to use another it would still take up the hot shoe.

The smaller DSLR market I think is still up for grabs to whoever can do just that ..,

Make a DSLR the size of a GF1 or E-Px.

I now realise that, as much as I love my E-P1 (and I do, for the Panny fanboys out there I don't care if any Panasonic model is better nothing LOOKS as sexy as the E-P1) I will probably end up buying a traditional DSLR too.

Make it small and I won't need the E-P1.

As a camera newbie maybe I can be a little more objective than others. Yes M4/3 is very cool but it isn't a DSLR.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow