Started Apr 23, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dechambers7
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
canon sd870 replacement opinions
Apr 23, 2010

Hello- Lurking on this site for years led me to the purchase of an SD870 is to replace some cheap digitals. It is now lost and I really miss having a camera at the ready to capture 5 young kids in various settings that you can imagine a young family would encounter from first communions to vacations at the cabin enjoying the boat. The things I loved about the 870 is the 28mm lens the 3inch LCD and the small size. I hated the dust orbs and was never overly happy about indoor IQ.

Can someone suggest a replacement? My problem is that when I narrow down my choices I have to comprimise on to many wants. I really want a small P&S low pixel density ratio, 3 LCD with the best IQ I can get that compares to my 870.
My options:
Used 870

s90 (sorta expensive and I will not use manual functions until I get better. It doesnt bother me that they are there if the IQ is as good as the 870)

Any sugestion you may have current or discontinued.
Thank you very much!

Every day that goes by I miss something my new born is doing that I could be capturing!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow