Started Apr 23, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
zackiedawg
Forum ProPosts: 21,108Gear list
Like?
***Mini-Challenge #187 - U2 for You Too***
Apr 23, 2010

Many thanks to Boros for a great challenge topic and a well-run challenge. It was a pleasure to participate, and to see the great entries, and an honor to be picked for this next challenge.

Mini-Challenge #187 topic: U2 for You Too!

The Irish rock band U2 have established themselves as one of the longest running and most successful bands in history, with an ever evolving sound and social relevance few other bands achieve. Whether you know them or like them, or not, their discography offers an amazing array of descriptive song and album titles that can be an inspiration for photography, or provide a title or emotion to a shot which summarizes it brilliantly. For Mini-Challenge #187, your photo should be a U2 song or album title. The more the photo evokes the song title, or vice versa, the better. It can be a literal evocation of the title, or a deeper inspiration. There are hundreds of titles out there for your selection – don’t be afraid to Google them or Wikipedia them for a list…or to save a little effort, here’s a list of song titles I found:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:U2_songs

But don’t forget album titles too – some of which were not the names of songs, but perfect to use: Under a Blood Red Sky, Joshua Tree, October, War…plenty more where that came from. Dig in…I already know from a glance through the song titles that there are dozens of you who have posted photos that were perfectly matched to a song title! Most of all, have fun.

Now for our version of ‘legalese’:

The Mini Challenges are meant to be very informal & encourage participation by having few rules.

In keeping with that spirit, here are the guidelines for the Mini Challenge:

1. You may enter up to 3 photos.

2. Photos may be shot with any camera and may be taken at any time.

3. The winner of a mini challenge chooses the next challenge and selects the winner, who takes the baton and carries on with it. If I am unable to continue the challenge or should fail to appear for an extended period, I would like to ask that Boros step in to take over my role.

4. If you enter, you could win, therefore every entrant (excluding Exhibition) should know when the challenge ends & be ready to check. To facilitate this, each host should post, at the end of the original challenge thread, a link to the results thread.

5. If, after 36 hours of results being announced, the winner fails to turn up to claim their prize and begin hosting the next challenge, then the honor of hosting shall be given to the second-place winner, if present. If not, then it shall go to the third place winner.

6. The challenge begins immediately, and will end at 1 o’clock AM (Eastern Standard Time) on Sunday the 2nd of May, 2010 (between Saturday night and Sunday morning). I should be able to announce the winners within 24 hours of the ending, or will acknowledge in the thread if I expect any delay.

7. Please post your entries by replying to this original post – rather than under someone else’s post - and change the subject line to “My entry” or “Entry #1 or something like that to separate your picture posts from comments that someone may make about your post.

Make it hard on me…give me lots of entries!

Examples to follow in the next post.

-- hide signature --
 zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +24 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow