B&H fooling customer on the FA 31 Limited lens !!! Locked

Started Apr 23, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
This thread is locked.
Nivedita
Regular MemberPosts: 366Gear list
B&H fooling customer on the FA 31 Limited lens !!!
Apr 23, 2010

I just got my Pentax order. I ordered my Pentax K-7 kit and Pentax 31mm limited lens and the Pentax 77mm lens. After I ordered the lens, I called B&H to enquire where the FA 31 limited is made. The customer support person told me that it is "Made in Japan".

Now I received my order. I am seeing the following issues:

1) In the invoice every other item has the serial number except the FA 31 limited lens. The serial number of Pentax 31 is missing (mysteriously absent in the invoice)

2) On the FA limited lens box , it is written that "Made in Japan". But when you open the box and look at the lens, it says (behind the lens - omce you open the rear cap), "Assembled in Vietnam".

This is cheating/fooling the customer. I never expected this from B&H. I thought (and verified) that I am getting a "Made in Japan" pentax 31mm lens, but B&H fooled me by putting an "Assembled in Vietnam" lens in a "Made in Japan Cover".

I do not know how good/bad is the Vietnam assembled 31mm lens. Since I read some comments about it regarding the QC issues, I tried to get the 31mm lens (just to be on the safer side).

I am going to call them tomorrow morning and try to get another one. I do not know whether I will be successful in that

I thought some one from B&H is active in this forum and if he can do something to address this issue, that would be greatly appreaciated.

-Nivedita

Nivedita's gear list:Nivedita's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 II Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 24-70mm F4 OSS Sony FE 70-200 F4 +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NopeNew
Moo.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow