1DMKIII, primes, PWTT5s and Gary Fong collapsible (pics)

Started Apr 20, 2010 | Discussions thread
José B
Forum ProPosts: 17,479Gear list
Like?
For Andre
In reply to Andre Affleck, Apr 21, 2010

Thanks for the kind words. I was at the same location a week ago using just a 580EXII on my hotshoe with the Gary Fong. Adding a second light really makes a difference. You are right you don't need a huge diffuser and strobe lights to get nice lighting.

Best regards,

José

Andre Affleck wrote:

Absolutely great stuff! I was going to say the same thing, the first and fifth one are my favorites. The lighting and exposure are perfect. Combined with the creamy bokeh of those L's just makes a stunning combination.

You can see that the Gary Fong diffuser is still way too small for this application, and yet you managed to get very nice lighting on most of them. I think the key is that you placed the light and posed the subject so that the shadow lines spill nicely off the subject and not on critical areas. Good Job! Just goes to show if you know what you are doing you don't always need an 8 foot octagon to get nice light.

thenibster wrote:

Great Stuff.
I really like the first one.
Fantastic lighting on all the pictures.

I look forward to seeing more!

Nick

José B's gear list:José B's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow