Do you really know your Camera?

Started Apr 18, 2010 | Discussions thread
riknash
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,487Gear list
Like?
Re: Do you really know your Camera?
In reply to Adam Filipowicz, Apr 20, 2010

To me, it's not so much about knowing every intimate detail of my camera but more to do with how the camera helps me. I'm no 'artist', but have absolutely enjoyed the creative world that this hobby/passion has brought to me. I may never entirely master my present model of camera body, nor do I really care. It has a multitude of features that I have been waiting a lifetime to have. It has great still-frame and video capabilities that allow me to go beyond the features of the previous 50D camera I owned. New camera bodies challenge me to learn their features and how to exploit them, allowing me to grow from and improve from this.

The advent of the modern DSLR has significantly changed photography much like the first Kodak Instamatic, ... affordable high quality digital SLR photography for the general population.

Regardless of my skill level, if I could afford it, I'd buy the MkIV and if I had even more financial abilities, a medium format camera...

Adam Filipowicz wrote:

So now i wonder, how well do you really know your camera, do your skills with your current body justify an upgrade?

I know you want it. but do you really need it??

riknash's gear list:riknash's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Sony Alpha NEX-7 Canon EOS 5D Mark III HTC One
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow