Started Apr 18, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Maczero
Regular MemberPosts: 192
Like?
Rain is macro opportunity (imgs)
Apr 18, 2010

Typically as soon as the weekend arrived the sun that had graced the working week was replaced by wind, grey skies and light rain.

It eventually dawned on me that this was an opportunity to exploit the macro abilities of the GX200. These are all jpegs (64 - 200 ISO) given minimal post processing in Aperture 3 (normally just applying the punch preset, which gives extra contrast and a very slight vignette). Very occasionally I needed to recover some blown highlights, but I don't think that shooting in Raw would have made practical difference. I am impressed with the output, given my rather unsteady shooting position.

I find myself re-evaluating whether the GX200 is always a shoot in Raw. Lots of times the jpegs seem fine and I always have the ability to turn shooting in raw on with the touch of a Fn button in difficult situations (mostly where there is fine detail that the jpeg engine seems to mush out or where WB may be an issue).
--
Maczero

Flickr photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/thesmithygateside/

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow