Any experience with Futureshop sending camera to Canon for repair?

Started Apr 18, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tallshorty
Contributing MemberPosts: 720
Like?
Any experience with Futureshop sending camera to Canon for repair?
Apr 18, 2010

My beloved Canon 7D is malfunctioning. The dial beside the M-Fn button stops responding at random times. I didn't want to pay for the shipping to Canon and was advised that the dealer can ship it for me. I bought the 7D from Futureshop in Canada so I dropped the camera their today for them to send in for me.

I am a little uneasy about this as Futureshop is not a specialized camera store and the girl who took my camera admitted she hasn't done this before but knows that they can send it in for me. She also has no idea when I can expect to get my camera back. She thinks it would be at least one month. Also, there is no way for me to track the repair like I could if I sent the camera in myself. I would simply get a call when the Futureshop gets the camera back.

So right now I'm a bit worried. Maybe I'm just being paranoid but I have a sinking feeling that
a) I'm going to wait a month or two before I see my camera again
b) the problem may not end up getting fixed (as it occurs at random times)
c) they somehow lose the camera
d) I get the camera back but with physical damage (dents, scuffs, scratches)

Anyone with any experience with big box stores (especially Futureshop) sending in their cameras for repair that can help ease my mind? It's not too late for me to get my camera back and send it in myself.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow