Started Apr 18, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Adam Filipowicz
Regular MemberPosts: 375Gear list
Like?
Do you really know your Camera?
Apr 18, 2010

I bought my 40D soon after it was released. and its a great camera but I love the new stuff (7D, 5Dm2,1dm4) and always dream about my next upgrade.

I started thinking about why i want a new camera and thinking about all those new features that i could use. and it all seems great but then I think about all the features of my 40D that I just don't use or don't even know how to use properly.

Even though I feel like I know the 40D very well. and friends and family think im a pro photographer but im not close to being that good. features like AEB, Custom White balance, different metering modes, and some other abilities that still sometimes confuse me. and im constantly learning new tips that my camera can do that i didnt realize.

I am not past this model in my skill level.

So now i wonder, how well do you really know your camera, do your skills with your current body justify an upgrade?

I know you want it. but do you really need it??

FYI: ive been shooting with DSLRs for about 6 years always canon

-- hide signature --

View my gallery here http://www.filipowicz.ca/favphotos/
Canon 40D
Canon EF 180mm F3.5L USM Macro
Canon EF 50mm 1.4

Adam Filipowicz's gear list:Adam Filipowicz's gear list
Canon EOS 40D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 180mm f/3.5L Macro USM Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.5 1-5x Macro +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow