Started Apr 16, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Aristoc
Senior MemberPosts: 2,705
Like?
Camera's are normally pre set to back focus a little
Apr 16, 2010

From time to time some people have complained of noticing focus issues with their cameras such as front focus or back focus as I have. As I mentioned in my blog http://camerafocustest.blogspot.com one bit of information that I came across while reading various sites and blogs is that it has been stated that camera manufacturers automatically adjust their camera's with a little bit of back focus before packaging. The reason being that if the camera was to be sent out with mostly front focus then it would be extremely noticeable to anyone. But, with a back focus pre set it is really not as noticeable. One would then ask themselves why not just adjust the camera with the focus spot on? I think the reason for that is that to do so would be extremely time consuming on the assembly line. As a result it would increase costs and increase delays with very little value for most photographers since it is rarely noticeable. That's mostly my theory so far from what I have been reading around.

-- hide signature --

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow