ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bill Trenkle
Regular MemberPosts: 237
Like?
Please help - SAL1680Z or SAL16105
Apr 15, 2010

Dear friends - please help.

Surely, this question has been asked before. If you would point me to the appropriate threads, I would be most thankful.

Question is - price difference aside, which is the lens to own - the SAL1680Z or the SAL16105?

If you must know my intentions, they are simply this: I have been shooting bridges (bridge cameras, lol! - currently, the new HS10) for a couple of years now, waiting to see the 7xx. In all probability, I will go with the 7xx, and build a system around it. I want to pick the "central" lens to build that system around, adding a super-wide zoom, a medium long zoom and a couple of primes.

A major consideration is that I don't want to be changing lenses at 55mm - that is right in the middle of most of my work. A "central" (or walk around) lens that starts at 24(eq) and goes out to either 120 or 157.5(eq) is ideal for me. BUT, however, IQ is a major factor, and I need to choose between these 2 lenses. Your opinions are highly appreciated!

Well, there is one more thing. I have experience with the SAL18250, and I am hoping and presuming that the 1680Z & 16105 are a cut above in general IQ. Please advise. Should I be looking at the SAL2470Z, or something by another manufacturer?

Thank you so much!

Bill

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow