Rumor: New 7D Firmware

Started Apr 8, 2010 | Discussions thread
MisterPootieCat
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,054Gear list
Like?
1.2.1 loaded and ready to go!
In reply to PicPocket, Apr 15, 2010

PicPocket wrote:

1.2.0 seems reality now (1.2.1 release notes refer to 1.2.0), and that happened within a week of OP; but hopefully we should not hold our breath on 1.3.0 and 60D yet. There is a difference between a wild guess / far fetched rumor and something that sounds quite plausible - though classifying those may be an ability in itself

-- hide signature --

I've been hoping Canon would quietly address the vertical banding issue that seems to cause a lot of anxiety for some 7D users. This update seems a little odd to me, not to sound paranoid or anything like that. They just started shipping 1.2.0 firmware and already found/corrected a problem with it. I'm sure there are going to be quite a few members testing the new firmware to see if the banding issue changes.

I was also curious about the rumors of supporting some new accessories & lenses but that doesn't show up in the official release notes.

MisterPootieCat's gear list:MisterPootieCat's gear list
Canon PowerShot S2 IS Canon PowerShot S5 IS Canon PowerShot G10 Minolta DiMAGE Z1 Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z2 +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow