Fast tethered shoot with 5DII and WTF-E4 (FTP)

Started Apr 14, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Christoph Jans
Forum MemberPosts: 73
Like?
Fast tethered shoot with 5DII and WTF-E4 (FTP)
Apr 14, 2010

Hi

I want to do fast tethered shooting. "Fast" for me is if the image was displayed on the computer screen within 1-2 seconds after I took it. EOS utility and LR3 beta are nice but slow because everything you shoot (JPEG/RAW/RAWJPEG) is transferred and the RAW which I really want takes way too long. Also tried sRAW which is faster but not fast enough and often you want full resolution.

So I really like the FTP option of the WFT-E4 / 5DII combo because it allwos me to shoot RAW and JPEG and only transfer JPEG via WFT, making it very fast.

However, as I have the thing configured now, I only end up with the files very quickly on my computer but not with them being displayed quickly/automatically.

So is there

a) a FTP server that launches a viewer for every new file that comes in (like IrfanView can be called from EOS utility) or

b) a fast image viewer that can be configured to watch a directory and always display the latest image that came in?

Or is there another, better way of doing this?

Regards
Chris

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow