Started Apr 14, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Digited1
Regular MemberPosts: 112Gear list
Like?
Need help with client
Apr 14, 2010

I have been shooting architecture for personal use for some time and even done some semi-pro stuff for Interior Designer friends. I recently had the opportunity to do a real shoot for a B&B that is opening soon to produce some website pictures. The client is a friend of my girlfriend's and is normally quite sophisticated in taste.

I did some proofs before the building was completely furnished to show her if I could do what she needed. Here are a couple examples of what I gave her:

She said that they weren't "emotional" or "warm" enough. After trying various processing to try to achieve something she liked and not succeeding, she sent me a couple of shots she took herself that she liked for composition and perspective. She knows that they are too dark and technically not good. Here are a couple examples:

I little shocked, I did some processing on them to try to fix some of the problems so that I could figure out exactly what she liked about them. I sent her back the images and asked if the processed ones still had what she was looking for. Here they are:

She tells me that the charm is gone and that what she liked about them was removed, although she liked that they were not as dark.

So I am a little confused about what to do. She seems to like the heavy angular perspective distortion. It seems a little like a "funhouse" look to me.

Am I completely out of touch here? Should I just do what she wants even though it looks wrong to me. Am I missing some real charm in her versions?

Please advise on your opinions on if there is a charm in her versions and on what tack I should take with the project. I am new at client relations.
Ted

Digited1's gear list:Digited1's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 20D Sony Alpha NEX-3 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 +21 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow