Started Apr 13, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jan Eilertsen
Forum MemberPosts: 52
Like?
Disappointed with 135mm f/2.0 DC
Apr 13, 2010

I am disappointed with my new 135mm f/2.0 DC, which I 've been salivating over and contemplating getting for a long time (this is the problem with this forum - you really get LLD (Lens Lust Disease)!

But after testing a bit (unscientifically) on my D700, I find, that it is neither very sharp, nor very contrasty at f/2.0 ! And it doesn't get much better at f/2.8 - you have to go to f/4.0 to get a really good picture!

Comparing it to my 85mm f/1.8 at one end, and 180mm f/2.8 at the other end, I don't find it better, and probably a bit worse than those two !

I should try to acquire an old 135mm MF - I expect it might be almost equal in IQ...

OK, I know you would like to see sample pictures to give advise - perhaps I'll make some in the weekend, or perhaps I'll try to return it before (unfortunately I bought it in London, so I'll lose quite an amount on shipping costs...). But it was the only sample "Grays of W." had left, so I jumped for it.

Just venting my disappointment - not really asking any questions... (but is YOUR copy of the 135mm DC fantastic ??!)

Jan

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow