Canon cameras as good as Nikon cameras for HDR purposes?

Started Apr 13, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sgt_Strider
Senior MemberPosts: 2,090
Like?
Canon cameras as good as Nikon cameras for HDR purposes?
Apr 13, 2010

Before I start this thread, I'm not looking into starting a flame war. Obviously asking a question like this on a Canon forum will involve biases, but I'm still hoping to have a fruitful discussion so that I can learn something from your pros out there.

One of the advantages of Nikon is that with auto bracketting, one can take more than 3 exposures per AEB session. Unfortunately this is not possible with Canon's cameras except the 1D series. For most mortals like me, we cannot afford something of that calibre. Supposedly that 5 different exposures at 1 EV stepping will capture more information and therefore will produce a higher quality HDR with less noise. The problem with a 5D Mark II or any other Canon prosumer cameras is that it can take a maximum of 3 different exposures, but albeit can be set to 2 EV spacings, which can get 10 stops worth of information (+ 2 EV is correct right? Correct me if I"m wrong). That's what I seem to be concluding from my research. Would anyone here disagree? If so, what makes you think that Canon's approach is still just as capable?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow