ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Yilane
Forum MemberPosts: 60
Like?
Any cheap support for ZD 70-300?
Apr 13, 2010

Hello all,

I have recently bought a ZD 70-300 for my 510. I love it very much but as my hand is not as steady as it used to be I realized that sometimes I will have to use a tripod.

I have one but when I attached the 510 + lens combo it just felt wrong. I'm afraid the threaded socket will sooner or later just give up and break out from the camera's bottom. What is your experience, can it take this kind of stress on the long term?

The other thing is that even if it can take the stress this kind of fixing is far from optimal as any movement of the system is amplified (compared to a fixing nearer the center of gravity). So, do you have some good and cheap (yes, cheap is quite important now) solution for supporting the 70-300 somewehere closer to the center of gravity?

All I have found in the forums was a German workshop's product but at 80 euros that is way too much for me at the moment. The Manfrotto 293 is the same price category. If you know of any kind of cheap bracket or have some good home-made solution, please let me know.

Thank you.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow