Started Apr 12, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sea Latka
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Returning LX3. Now What?
Apr 12, 2010

I decided to return the LX3 because I need a view finder and would like some more zoom than this camera. I checked out the view finder for the LX 3, but couldn't justify the price. I like the wide angle lens and the image quality on auto. I didn't have the camera long enough to understand how to work it in any depth so I don't know just how good it can get. I like its size. I didn't like the idea that it came out a few years ago. I need a camera in low light for use without a flash.

I read reviews for months before deciding on this camera. Now I'm truly stumped. I'm thinking of the Canon G11 over the S90, only because it has a partial view finder or waiting for the Panasonic G2. If I could accept taking blind shots in the sun, I'd like the little S90 and it has just enough zoom. I read the S90 review. I was using a Canon D60 but can't take the weight any longer.

I'm more of an intuitive photographer and don't really use scene modes and lots of menus. I use raw and like to work on my photos. Years gone by, I understood the use of a film camera and enjoyed my results. I take photos as if I'm painting.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow