Started Apr 11, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cokes
Regular MemberPosts: 158
Like?
What inexpensive tripod for hiking?
Apr 11, 2010

I'm going to Yellowstone National Park for the summer and I'm looking into buying a tripod. I have gone through a few pages of results in the forum regarding an inexpensive-light-tripod, but all the threads I found either offered suggestions for the tripods I'm looking for but because the threads are 4-5years old those tripods don't exist anymore, or just not the stuff I'm looking for.

I'm looking for something preferably no more than $60... If possible, lightweight because I'll be hiking with it along with the camera and some other stuff in my bag.

I will only be equipping a Canon 450D and a small lens (18-55mm IS or the 50mm f/1.8) on this tripod, so I guess it doesn't need to be extremely heavy-duty.

So...
-inexpensive
-light (preferably no more than 5lbs.)
-be able to secure Canon 450D and small lens

I understand I get what I pay for...this will be like a temporary equipment I guess because I'm low on funding but I'd like to have it for the trip. If it ends up coming down to getting one at Wal-Mart, then I guess I'll just go with that.
Thanks in advance for any help, guys!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow