Started Apr 11, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dklimek
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
Another approach to PseudoHDR
Apr 11, 2010

Another approach to pseudoHDR using my D90 raw images, Lightroom, and Photomatix Pro.

I stumbled across an interesting method to extract more then I though possible form the dynamic range of a raw image. The following is straight jpg rendering of a raw image I took.

In Lightroom, I made two virtual copies of the original raw image. One I reduced the exposure to -4, one I fiddled with fill light and black settings, and the third I reduced the exposure to -1. I highlighted the three and used the Photomatix Pro Lightroom plugin to load the three into Photomatix.

The next part I never quite keep track of, but after fiddling in Photomatix, I return the results to Lightroom. With a little more adjustements using clarity, vibrance, and brightness, I got the following.

I've tried adjusting just Lightroom, or loading just the original into Photomatix and using its tools, but have never been able to get the effect seen here.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow