I May Have bit off more than I can chew.

Started Apr 11, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
A. M. Hughes
Regular MemberPosts: 236
Like?
I May Have bit off more than I can chew.
Apr 11, 2010

Last year after some arm twisting, I agreed to shoot my niece’s wedding this summer and I am now regretting the decision due to a back pain issue that has been getting worse ever since.

I stopped booking weddings a few years ago after spending an excoriating eight hours shooting my last wedding. It was luck that with the help of pain medication that I was able to get the job done. The couple was quite pleased with the shots. I however spent the next week off work from my day job. The wedding is in July, so time for her to find another photographer is getting short.

I have always shot weddings solo with one camera and three lenses and a back-up body at the ready, although for this one an assistant may be necessary. I have a young lady in mind who recently graduated from photo school but dose not have a lot of experience with weddings.

Shooting will be spread over three locations; home, church, hotel/resort and maybe a seaside location as well.

For gear I will be using my SONY A900, A700 bodies and external flash units for both. For glass I have a fair collection ALPHA lenses to choose from; Minolta 24-105mm, 17-35mm, 50mm, CZ 16-80 and Sony SONY 70-200 2.8G

Do any of you “Wedding shooters” have any thoughts as to how I might lighten the load or any advice for that matter?

Neck straps, have always been a pain for me and the A900 is fairly hefty. Do you think a wrist/hand strap may be less fatiguing?

-- hide signature --

A.M.H.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow