Started Apr 10, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dario D
Forum MemberPosts: 79
Like?
GH1 way overpriced?
Apr 10, 2010

Man, everywhere I look, I see sites/reviewers/etc bashing the GH1's price.

You would have thought that for $1500 (original starting price), Panasonic would at least make the ISO performance compete with today's D-SLR's... much less the D-SLR's of 3 years ago (my Nikon D80, from 2007, has better noise performance than this... and it was far cheaper). The noise here is still interior to today's half-as-expensive D-SLR's... and then you add those ugly banding issues. Isn't ISO performance one of the FIRST things that people in the market for these higher-end cams check for?

I remember back in 2006-2007, Panasonic was already notorious for their ISO lameness (though I was only following cheaper cams back then)... and they wonder why stores often exclude them, and only carry brands that people actually want to buy.

Welcome to the era of enthusiasts/D-SLR-users who actually read reviews, Panasonic.

(I'm essentially just writing this because they're reading it... and because they're missing the train here)

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow