Anyone notice that the S90 DPP review is now up.

Started Apr 8, 2010 | Discussions thread
Lee Jay
Forum ProPosts: 44,043Gear list
Like?
Re: I love it
In reply to Robert Deutsch, Apr 9, 2010

Robert Deutsch wrote:

ljfinger wrote:

G10Rebel wrote:

I found it a hassle-free competent RAW processor

With the absolute dumbest pricing model in the history of computers. That's why I won't even bother with it.

How so? There are two versions, the Standard for $169 and the Elite for $299. The only difference is that the Elite includes processing for "pro" level cameras. Otherwise all the features are the same, with all lens modules included in the one price, and you pay the same regardless of how many cameras you are using it with.

Yup...that's what's wrong with it. Why should I pay twice as much for the same software with the same features so that I can use it with my 5D as well as my 20D? Stupid. Won't even consider them. If they want more money, they have to provide more functionality. Photoshop Elements works with everything. Photoshop costs more and has more functionality, but still works with the same camera models.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay
(see profile for equipment)

Lee Jay's gear list:Lee Jay's gear list
Canon ELPH 500 HS Canon PowerShot SX260 HS Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 550D +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow