Back to the E-1 from the E-3.

Started Apr 4, 2010 | Discussions thread
Ben Herrmann
Forum ProPosts: 16,145Gear list
Like?
I agree with ya...
In reply to tchatila, Apr 4, 2010

But I also love my E-3 - although I do have to admit that the ergonomics are far superior in the E-1. I realize that all of this is subjective, but I've been making a hasty return to using the E-1 more and more - especially now that I paired it with the awesome Panny/Leica 14-150 OIS lens. If I truly want to do the high ISO stuff, I tend to use my D90 and D5000 - although the EP-2 is no slouch, nor is the Panny GH-1 which surprises me big time.

So yes, those of us who have held on to our E-1's know exactly what you're referring to and that is why we'll most likely never part with ours. As I mentioned in another thread - with the right glass, the E-1 makes you forget about the MP wars. At times, with the right amount of sharpening - and if need be, interpolation (in particular, when using Genuine Fractals Pro 6.0), you can give many a "big boy" standard with those high MP's a run for their money. Well, at least I feel so.

But it is the color tonality - that often 3D look that makes you just want to be part of the scene, that establishes the E-1 as a time-tested winner - and will continue to do so through the ages I believe.

-- hide signature --

Ben Herrmann's gear list:Ben Herrmann's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus SP-570 UZ Olympus E-10 Olympus E-20 Canon PowerShot G12 +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow