iPad as External Monitor for Camera?

Started Mar 25, 2010 | Discussions thread
zy2238
Junior MemberPosts: 27
Like?
Re: iPad as External Monitor for Camera?
In reply to William Faulkner, Apr 4, 2010

Another member pointed out the Airstash flash drive with WiFi built in media server:
http://www.airstash.com/

"AirStash brings standard SD/SDHC and microSD/SDHC cards to the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad for convenient, hot-swapable access to flash cards on-the-go. Download photos to the gallery with one tap and use your favorite apps to edit and upload. Photographers can finally leave the bulky laptop at home"

This seems like almost an ideal solution for a limited memory device like the iPad. However, as I see it, it is only a solution to one part of the problem of hot shot viewing.

If the AirStash was able to receive a wireless signal from a dedicated Eye-Fi wireless SD card, then the iPad memory would not be impacted during the photo shoot. In other words, the camera is loaded with an Eye-Fi card which transmits photos to the Airstash, which in turn is wirelessly connected to the iPad. When the capacity of either card is reached, they are either replaced or emptied.

Since I have not tried either product, all of this is pure speculation on my part. Perhaps someone more experienced with these products might chime in.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow