Started Apr 4, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MBebber
Junior MemberPosts: 45
Like?
My 5D Mark II died today!
Apr 4, 2010

I have been having problems with my 5D Mark II not working in the morning. I would remove the batteries from the grip and reinstall them and some times the camera would come back to life. But, usually I would have to recharge them and then the camera would work for a while. When I did manage to get the camera to power up there were no error codes displayed on the top LCD panel.

Today, the camera was dead again this morning, but after fiddling with the batteries it powered up but displayed an ERROR 80 code on the top LCD panel and nothing else works on the camera. I tried removing the grip and powering the camera with a single battery in the camera but that did not help. So, the problem must be in the camera and not the grip.

Has anyone else here had the same problem with their camera? I am thinking I will have to send the camera in to Canon for repair. Of course the warranty ran out two months ago.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow