Advice on 70-300mm lens - looking at 4 different ones.

Started Apr 3, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JaimeS
New MemberPosts: 16
Like?
Advice on 70-300mm lens - looking at 4 different ones.
Apr 3, 2010

Hi all,

After a bit of advice on a lens. I need a zoom for pics I like to take at the zoo or of the kids on stage etc. Not really sports photography as such and they dont need to be ultra sharp top notch pics just nice usable photos.

Anyway I had my eyes on the Canon Lens 70-300mm EF f/4-5.6 IS USM and I was definitely going to get it. During my searches, I have come across the:

Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2, Sigma Lens 70-300mm f/4-5.6 APO DG Macro and Sigma Lens 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG OS which are all alot cheaper.

Ive looked at reviews at all which all seem to be good but I cant find any info on the vs of these models and which would be more worthwhile.

Should I stay with the canon? Or are these other 3 just as good, which is the best to go with? Id like to get one of these in the next week or 2 but I want to make the right decision because while the other 3 are alot cheaper I still dont want to waste the money on it if I will need to get the canon later.

Thanks in advance for any help

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow