Started Apr 1, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Charles Pike
Senior MemberPosts: 1,107Gear list
Like?
help sharpening using NX2 or CS4?
Apr 1, 2010

I have almost had my GF1 for a week now, and am having a lot of fun with it. I have not made any prints. I have been using the software that came with the camera as I have not been able to download using CS4 (not sure why). I convert to a tiff file so that I can work on the file in either of the two programs, NX2 or CS4. I was suprised at how little sharpening goes on in either of these two programs when I sharpen an image taken with the GF1. You could see sharpening pop an image in NX2 from files from my D200. Has anyone else seen this? How are you setting up sharpening? I am very pleased with what I am getting so far, but I have never sharpened in camera before. I am working on getting the hang of getting really sharp images from this camera, as many are sharp and some are not (my problem and not the camera).

It may sound strange, but images taken looking at the LCD are almost all sharp. It is with those taken with the camera held near my waist where I am not looking through the camera that are not coming out sharp. I had gotten to the place where I could set focus to nearest object with my Nikon and that worked well.
I am going to take this camera out most days until I really get the hang of it
http://www.photosbypike.com

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow