D700 / D3 default Noise Reduction settings for new LR v3, Help

Started Mar 30, 2010 | Discussions thread
Hawaii-geek
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,794Gear list
Like?
pforsell, Great LINK with Examples ... had a feeling
In reply to pforsell, Apr 1, 2010

Aloha pforsell,

I had a feeling that doing NR directly on the RAW file would "eventually" turn in better results. Also, Had a feeling Adobe would have some trick up its sleave.

And I can now do it on a simple Pre-Set ... that's a biggie for me. when you want to get things out fast. churn and burn stuff.

The other interesting thing I noticed on his slider choice was how aggressive he was. and how he balanced that with an aggresive Detail adjustment.

Because when I first used the LUM slider I was shocked at how fast the skin turned to plastic so, all my first adjustments was small.

With this LINK and examples ... I am starting to realize I "cannot" be a timid One(1) slider adjustment guy lol (all the v2.6 settings are history)

This is the kind of LINK that makes you take a more Agressive approch to TESTing what settings work with a High ISO RAW file.

Thank you,
HG

pforsell wrote:

The noise reduction has been integrated into the demosaicing algorithm of LR3. The beta seems to do a better job at NR than separate NR software, which don't have access to the RAW data, but have to operate at the demosaiced composite data instead.

Less noise, more detail.

Someone has posted some early tests: http://modifiedphoto.wordpress.com/2010/03/28/lightroom-3-beta-2-noise-reduction-test/

-- hide signature --

Eyes of Hawaii, Largest non-profit Photography club in Hawaii : http://www.eoh.smugmug.com/

Please feel free to criticize, make suggestions, and edit any of my photos & re-post, to help show me 'the way'. * I am trying to Elevate the Level of my 'Snap Shots'

Hawaii-geek's gear list:Hawaii-geek's gear list
Sony RX1 Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Sony SLT-A99 Sony Alpha 7R +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow