Any regrets about moving to replaceable lens m4/3 from bridge camera?

Started Mar 31, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
juliest
Regular MemberPosts: 360
Like?
Any regrets about moving to replaceable lens m4/3 from bridge camera?
Mar 31, 2010

I've been thinking about this for quite a while. I have a very good KM A200 older bridge camera that has many excellent qualities, including excellent images. But, it also has some negatives like slow time between photos sometimes. Sometimes I'd also like a bit more range than the 200 end of the zoom range.

The Panasonic G1 and GH1 have caught my attention for quite some time, and now they are coming down in price due to the new releases. But, I am quite hesitant about buying something where I have to change lenses. My primary use of the camera will be as a travel camera. I really like the idea that with my A200 I can put just one manageable sized piece of equipment in a small case or purse and don't have to lug anything else around when I am out for the day sightseeing.

Other than these Panasonic m 4/3s option with interchangeable lenses, the onlyother thing I see on the horizon that remotely comes close to the feature sets of my A200 is the new Fuji HS10, and that is similar to my A200 in that it is a bridge camera.

Bottom line: has anyone who used to use a bridge camera upgraded to either of these Panasonic cameras for use as a travel camera? Are you happy with your decision, or do you wish for the old bridge back again? Thanks.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow