70-300 VR, TC-17E II or TC-20E III For Maximum Reach?

Started Mar 31, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
speedemon
Forum MemberPosts: 60
Like?
70-300 VR, TC-17E II or TC-20E III For Maximum Reach?
Mar 31, 2010

I have a 70-200mm VR-I lens at this time. I need to zoom out greater than 300mm or more. I was thinking getting a converter either a TC-17E II or the TC20E III which ever will give me the sharpness image at full reach. Shooting would be during the daylight hours, so low light wouldn't be an issue. Overall which converter would be better match for this lens, TC-17E II or the new TC-20E III? I would like as much reach as possible without losing sharpness & resolution. Then also a thought that came up, for the price of these converters I can even go with the 70-300mm VR which isn't that much more which I heard was pretty damm good. I know it's said to be a consumer lens, but compared to putting a converter on my 70-200mm which I may lose sharpness which would be a better choice? I'm open to options, the -17E II, TC-20E III or a complete lens 70-300mm VR. What would be my better choice of these three? What experiences have you had with these components?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow