A few questions for those in the UK (London)...

Started Mar 31, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Holgs
Senior MemberPosts: 1,661
Like?
A few questions for those in the UK (London)...
Mar 31, 2010

I've been considering the jump from regular 4/3 to micro 4/3 for a while. Basically its a question of when not if... and the when is getting closer.

I'm planning on going shopping when I'm in London in April. The camera that I think I'll end up going for is the GF1 + 20mm kit.
So my questions...

Where to shop?

Where is the best place to by the GF-1 kit - and how much is it going for at the moment?

Duty Free?

Has anyone had any experience with claiming back VAT when leaving the country? (I'm an Australian resident and going to the US shortly after)

Adaptors?

I'm looking for a regular 4/3 to micro 4/3 adaptor for my current lenses (35mm, 12-60, 50-200, 9-18mm - most importantly the last). Looking in Berlin where I am at the moment the price for the adaptor is 200euros. Are there cheaper options that still allow the AF and MF zoom in functions to work properly?

Anyone up for a shoot?

Last but not least... I know that there is the safari group that is pretty active on this forum - is there anything planned between about the 7th-14th April?

-- hide signature --

Veo el mundo: I see the world
http://www.veoelmundo.com

My website with travel tips, information about Olympus cameras, microstock photography and lots of photos!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow