CanonPixma630:PanoramicPrintingPossible?

Started Mar 29, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mercsport
New MemberPosts: 15
Like?
CanonPixma630:PanoramicPrintingPossible?
Mar 29, 2010

A quick question before I dive into bed : is it possible to print seamless panoramas on paper longer than, say, an A4 sheet (a lot longer) with the Canon Pixma mp630 ?

I am getting a Sony DSC-HX5V camera tomorrow, which I'm getting primarily for the 'intelligent-sweep' function to stitch together seamless panoramas in camera. It appears to be able to exceed by a considerable margin, 180 degrees. So, I figure it would be nice to be able to print something from about a 5" or 6" vertical to...., oh, whatever, long. Maybe up to eighteen inches ?

In the print setup the 'Custom' paper sizer doesn't appear to want to allow me to do anything nearly so ambitious. Outside of my probably not understanding the routine, I wonder if there might be any software out there that would allow me to overide whatever hex Canon has put in the software of this printer to spoil it all for me?

It seems odd to me that Canon doesn't cater for pano' printing in their printer, when Canon's Stitch is such a good tool, and encourages you to make pano's.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow