Flat view
Hipster Doofus
Regular MemberPosts: 491
Like?
It's here: FF Digital Rangefinder with AF
Mar 29, 2010

Found at the Fred Miranda forums:

Erik_A wrote:

Check out wedding photographer Jeff Ascough's blog for updates on the full frame auto-focus digital rangefinder and 35mm 1.2 lens that he is testing and Tweeted about today (03-29-10). I can't wait to find out more info on this!

Jeff Ascough wrote:

1.) Week 2 with the new stealth camera. I am under NDA at the moment as to who makes it but I can tell you that it is a brand new rangefinder.

2.) I am using the standard 35 1.2 lens but there are two others on the way to test.

3.) Ok - I can't tell you everything but it is full frame, magnesium alloy electronic shutter, and the AF is very good

4.) I have some testing to do tomorrow and then I will ask to see if I can blog about it. I doubt I will be able to use images.

I'm guessing we'll hear more about this new camera at Photokina. Interestingly, Jeff Ascough is one of many high profile photographers sponsored by Canon. Maybe this full frame digital rangefinder is Canon's entry into the mirrorless format.

Unfortunately, the fact that one of the first lenses available is a 35mm f/1.2 doesn't bode well for the system's affordability.

ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow