Started Mar 29, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
maja_ldm
Forum MemberPosts: 60
Like?
to buy or not to buy a used 400D ?
Mar 29, 2010

I beg your pardon, these are just my mumbling on spending or not money on a used DSLR, fell free to give your opinion:

I recently asked how much could I pay to repair my broken EOS300V and decided to aim for something on the used market instead.

In the same shop I could buy a EOS500 (film) with a 28-80 USM and a Sigma 70-300 4,5-5,6 for 190€, OR a EOS400D (body only) for 250€.

Up until now my film camera has been used quite loosely by my sister (cause she wanted something 'not digital') and sometimes by me. I just have an old 28-80.

I just recently bought a new compact camera and didn't plan to buy reflex, but I'm tempted to buy the 400D/Rebel XTi. I would use my old lens on it and definitely start to use the reflex more 'seriously', then eventually buy some better lens in the future...

would you call it a deal to buy the 400D at 250€ (considering I really don't know its conditions, also if it semm fine to me)?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow