ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kylequest
Junior MemberPosts: 41
Like?
70-200 vII Did I over purchase?
Mar 29, 2010

Good evening!

Yesterday was the big day, I bought my first 70-200. And I went for the 70-200 2.8 vII. I was apprehensive of cracking open the piggy bank and frankly, I still am! Maybe it's just shell shock from the price. After playing with it a little, I'm wondering if it was an over purchase for me.

My only experience has been using a 24-105L on my 5dII and 7D. Like everyone new to photography and video, we've asked "What lenes should I get?" A nifty 50 and a 70-200 always tops the list. Oh, and I did buy the cheepo Canon 50mm 1.8 yesterday too. Just to see what a larger aperture feels like.

I'm at a loss with information over load at the moment. One thing I'm interested in is using the cameras for video. I think my calling is more in cinema than print. So, just moving around with this heavy beast might be a touch much for me. Now I know why everyone mentions its weight. Here you can put your "I told you so!"

So I'm left looking for some reassurance that this lens was worth the price. Or, do I return it for a shorter focal length prime? Even just wait until May to see how the new Sigma 70-200 with OS will be.

Any insights folks?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow