ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mp3lp
Regular MemberPosts: 102
Like?
Canon PIXMA MP990
Mar 28, 2010

Hi

Has anyone here got any experience of printing with the Canon PIXMA MP990? My folks are thinking of getting one to replace an ageing HP all-in-one. My Dad does a bit of digital photography and wants to be able to print decent, mostly glossy or semi gloss, A4 prints including some B&W. My mum is an artist and wants to make greeting cards with photo's of some of her artwork on. For these, the printer needs to be able to do decent matte prints on greeting card paper.

I'm aware that the MP990 has only one matte paper option in the driver and that it can also print on fine art paper but only with huge 35 mm margins top and button.

However, for the greeting cards, they just want to be able to print on custom sized medium weight matte paper.

Previously, they had thought about getting a HP B9180, but apparently it's now discontinued. The Epson R2880 is out because of the cartridge swapping and anyway, they are not sure they want something as big as a A3 printer. This Canon appeals because it has a grey ink in addition to the five normal ones (two blacks, one photo and Cyan, Magenta and Yellow) and can also scan 35 mm film should my Dad be inclined.

So can anyone share any experience of the MP990 particularly what it is like printing on matte paper.

Many thanks.

-- hide signature --

Padgreen

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow