Started Mar 28, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BradJudy
Forum MemberPosts: 73
Like?
Purple flowers very blue in RAW?
Mar 28, 2010

Now that I have my GH1, I have started into the world of RAW processing. I'm pretty happy with Lightroom3 beta (except it's a bit slow on this computer) and I'm also trying Silkypix, Picasa and Bibble. Since it's flower season here at the moment, I've been trying out my legacy macro lenses on the local flora. The vast majority of my shots look great in both JPG and RAW, but when I shoot a purple flower, the JPG looks right for color, but the RAW makes the flower very blue. This is especially clear in Picasa, which shows the JPG right alongside the RAW.

Here's an example of taking a JPG and RAW pair exported via Picasa without any modifications to either:

JPG (color looks good):

RAW (much more blue):

As you can see, the background color only varies a tiny bit between them. I'm having a hard time even correcting for the difference properly. I've gotten close by cranking the temp and tint a bit, but it seems odd to me that they rest of the shots of other colors of flowers in the same conditions with the same settings do not need this correction to look color accurate (to my eye).

Thoughts?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow