Does DSLR size prevent people from always taking it with them?

Started Mar 28, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DaveM76
New MemberPosts: 19
Like?
Does DSLR size prevent people from always taking it with them?
Mar 28, 2010

Hello all. I guess what I am trying to decide here is how much the size of a DSLR keeps people from always using it rather than carrying a P&S with them. Right now, I have a Canon G3 and also a small pocketable camera. I am happy with the G3 pics it takes in good light, but it is over 6 years old and time to upgrade and I want something fast too as I have a baby on the way. After reading these forums for months and looking at cameras in the store, I think I am leaning towards one of the Canon's, maybe a T1i or XSi. What I find happens now is that even though the G3 is smaller than a DSLR, it still requires a bag to carry it around in, so I tend to use that one all the time around the house, or if I am going somewhere where I want to take pictures. The small camera seems to go with us if I don't want to be bothered packing the other around or if I don't really care about taking a lot of pictures wherever we are going. So I guess even if I upgraded to a higher end P&S or superzoom instead of a DSLR, its still not going to be pocketable so if it requires a bag to carry it around, I may as well go with the DSLR, right? I am just wondering how many people seem to end up using their small pocket camera more often because it is always with them. I guess I am just trying to make sure this is a good upgrade, even if I don't have it with me all the time, if that makes sense.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow